I feel the need to write a gratitude list for a few reasons. 1. I haven’t done it in a long while & it’s an important part of my recovery program. 2. With all the hate, lack of compassion, arrogance, & nonsense in our world today, it is, at times, difficult to be mindful let alone grateful. 3. I have ALOT to be grateful for. So, without further ado, my gratitude list.
1. My sobriety & continued growth in my recovery…. Enough said:)
2. M&M… These 2 continue to keep me on my toes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
3. My family: My momma & sisters. I can’t tell them how grateful I am that they didn’t give up on me when I was in the throes of my alcoholism. These days I honored to be a big sister, daughter, and aunt.
4. My bestie Kerry. There really are no words, you know me, & get me. Through thick & thin you have stuck by my side, especially when I ‘thought’ I was all alone.
5. A few of my friends in recovery including my sponsor, who, have been by my side since the beginning….& who I can count on always. (I’m talking about you Melanie & Reggie:).
6. My BB family, especially Leah, Lauren, Kim, & Whitney. I know I have said it before, but I’m gonna say it again; there is a reason you all came into my life when you did. My new venture is only just beginning.
7. My new found passion for healthy eating & fitness. If you told me 3 years ago I would be eating zoodles instead of noodles, kale, & working out 4-5 times a week, I wouldn’t of believed it. But truth be told, I love my new healthy lifestyle. Its not always easy, but its so worth it.
8. Fall: My FAVORITE season:).
9. Manicures: got one today, haven’t had one in a long time….its nice to get pampered:).
10. My boyfriend. Its still pretty new, but its so refreshing to be with someone whom I can be my complete self & feel completely content. Thank you for being you:)
11. Books. I’m in the middle of reading 2. My favorite pasttime for sure:).
12. Snickers ice cream…its delicious, its my new favorite..seriously the best!!!…you know who you, who introduced me to it & has created a monster;).
13. My work family(last but not least). You gals are the absolute best!! I love coming to work, not just because what we do is so rewarding, but because I look forward to the daily shenanigans:)