I feel like I am way over due for a gratitude list… actually, I know I am. Life has gotten busier, in many wonderful ways. I have found myself getting caught up In the craziness that is my life. Mommy-hood, career, schedules, appointments, playdates, practices, social gatherings….it is all good stuff. But….I find myself feeling a bit ‘squirrelly’ at times an uneasiness settles in my stomach. I’m not spiritually fit as I should be. Huh??? Basically, I’m not doing all I can for my sobriety. Yes I go to my meetings, yes I chat with sober friends, including my sponsor, yes I pray, and take time to be mindful, BUT, my lack of concentration and time has been lax. So yes, I am calling myself out. Even in the midst of my crazy busy fabulous life, I must keep my recovery 1st and foremost, other wise I can kiss every aspect of my life goodbye.
So with that I write what I am most grateful for at this moment😊
1. My sobriety
2. The presence of God in my life today, I believe in my heart & soul that he is Always by my side.
3. M&M, they amaze me every single day and they are the 2 funniest people I know!
4. My family; they continue to support M&M and I, in more ways than I can count. I’m especially grateful to my brother-law Dan, who has my back and makes me laugh 😉.
5. My friends, those in the program and those who didn’t give up on me, I value each one of you and your uniqueness.
6. My job. Best patients, best co-workers, best facility, most rewarding.
7. Financial freedom, I am slowly paying off debt and am paying bills on time, something that was not happening to long ago. I even got a brand new car a few months ago…that never would of been possible a couple of years ago.
8. My health.
9. Self confidence & self-awareness, both missing most of my life.
10. Being honest.
11. A good book.
12. Netflix, seriously, my lack of productivity at times is a direct result, of Netflix😉.
14. Flowers, I often buy myself small bouquet just because😊.
15. A warm bed.
These were the first items to pop into my head. A bit random, but that is how a gratitude list should be.
I’m going to try to make a stronger effort to keep gratitude lists, but for right now #15 is calling me😊
Going to bed with a grateful heart.