A part of my program is a gratitude list, which is exactly what it sounds like. Big or small, short or long, silly or serious; all comprise my gratitude list. Today is Thanksgiving & I have so much to be grateful for!
1. My Sobriety, first & foremost, without it, I have nothing!
2. M&M, my kids, the loves of my life! I found this note from my daughter the other day, she surprised me with it. It wasn’t that long ago she was angry & scared of me…
3. My family; especially my mom, who has supported, loved, “bailed out”, & has not given up on after many disappointments. I love you mom😊
4. My sisters & their hubby’s who are always their for my kids & I , always….
5. My awesome friends, (you know who you are), I can count on you always & you all make me laugh &keep me on my toes.
6. My job, its more than a job, its a career I truly love!
7. AA, without the program & those I have met thru the program, I would not be successful in recovery.
8. This blog, & all those who read it, follow it, & those that I follow. This experience has been way more than I ever imagined, & has been a humbling experience.
9. My health & my kids health.
10. The roof over my head, food on my table, heat, electricity, & water.
11. Books. This gal has to be reading something!
12. Music, especially Pandora.
13. Mitchell’s Ice cream (need I say more).
14. My sock monkey blanket (yes, I have a security blanket).
15. Honesty, openness, & willingness, 3 traits that were often lacking before sobriety.
What a difference a year makes!
Happy Thanksgiving ! Be grateful, today & every day after!!!